Sunday, March 13, 2011

JAPAN

 IN SYMPATHY WITH JAPAN

My memories of Japan are full of happy, helpful people steering my husband and myself in the right direction, of smiles and generosity, of neat and tidy landscapes, of beauty in scenery and design.  Of friends like Tom Oyama and the children at the Tokyo expo who absorbed us into their chattering fun filled circle.

I can't bear to dwell on the images now reaching the world by way of television and newspapers.  It is a horror of unimaginable depth.   

Our disasters in the southern hemisphere, Queensland's floods and cyclones, the earthquake in Christchurch, shocking and heart breaking as they are pale almost, almost into insignificance beside the nightmare the Japanese people are now experiencing.

I can only add my tears to those from the rest of the world.
________

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, your comments good, bad or indifferent are always welcome..your anonymity will be respected. But remember if you want me to reply you will need to supply a contact email address otherwise I will never know who you are.