Thursday, September 23, 2010

50 YEARS TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD



TALES FROM AN IMPULSIVELY COMPULSIVE TRAVELLER...

Brand new fast food shop in Kunming with not a dim sim in sight.
                             
 If the truth be known I'm a compulsive traveller though my husband, better known as the Reluctant Traveller, says that should read impulsive.  Whatever!  I do admit I've almost begged, borrowed or worse to get 'the where with all' to satisfy these tapping feet of mine.

While I've stopped counting the number of countries I've set foot in, admittedly some were mere stopovers, others had that special intangible something that kept calling me back.  Shamefully I have to confess I have at times put sudden travel before pressing family needs,including wedding anniversaries, grand-child’s imminent christening and others I can’t bring myself to admit. 

Now, many years later I'm tapping into these travels, recreating on cyberspace the steps I've taken, the amazing people I've met and the catastrophes I've managed to  survive as I wandered from Kashmir to Kunming, Jordan to Uzbekistan and heaps more out of the way places.  

I hope you  join me as I travel back through time to an era when planes provided ample leg room to manoeuvre and first class passenger liners weren't a dime a dozen.  It's a meandering journey and goodness knows when, if ever, I'll shaft my pen, turn in my passport.  I only hope you enjoy my company...
oOo

Next - First Class Versus No Class...

P.S.  I've crossed over from travel stories to real life stories about our family, the Reluctant ones and mine.  In some respects our ancestors were an odd lot, finding out about their secrets and foibles has been enormous fun.  I've chased their lives through four continents, numerous countries, and just as many centuries...

Along the way you'll meet my Irish Convict ancestors,  Gran's family in the Four Sisters from Sussex,  my Grandfather of the double identity's Quakers who settled America in the 1600's,  uncover my Fiji connections and follow my daughter's adventures in South America.

  Robyn Mortimer.. alias      rainbowrobstravels@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, your comments good, bad or indifferent are always welcome..your anonymity will be respected. But remember if you want me to reply you will need to supply a contact email address otherwise I will never know who you are.